Aswaklanta Temple was built by Ahom King Shiva Singha in 1720. Shiva Singha built most of the biggest Hindu temples of Assam including the famous Shiva Dole of Sivasagar. The temple is situated by the bank of mighty Brahmaputra. There are two temples in that holy place. One situated in the foot hill and the other in the up hill – Kurmayanardan and Anantasayi by name.There are also some other stories regarding the horse that was attacked near this temple and that its name should have been ‘Aswakranta’ and not ‘Aswaklanta’. There was earlier a ‘Kunda’, a place of sacrifice near the temple – this has since disappeared, perhaps eroded by the river Brahamputra. Inside this temple, there are two images – one of ‘Janardana’ and the other of ‘Anantasai’ Vishnu. The latter is a fine specimen of eleventh century sculpture. There is one stone inscription on the body of the temple located at north Guwahati. The shrine in the temples is dedicated to Lord Vishnu.Ideally located on the bank of the river, it is linked by regular ferry services with the south bank. It can be reached by road across the Saraighat Bridge.