Maybe I’m not such a great parent after all.
My parenting philosophy can be summed up in three words. “Keep Expectations Low.” I need that on a t-shirt. Because I’ve never taken them on vacation (Go ahead and judge me. I am TERRIBLE!), I don’t have to do much to impress the boys. They’re better off that way.
I could drive them around the block and show up at the YMCA, and they’d still think it an exotic vacation if they get to:
- play video games in bed until 11pm.
- enjoy cable TV – although Squish learned that having 50 channels doesn’t guarantee that there is something to actually watch. It was a hard life lesson for him.
- get snacks from a vending machine
- continental breakfast, whether it boasts a waffle maker or dog turd sandwiches.
- swim in a pool – and let me tell you, size does not matter…
View original post 60 more words