Earth Day is on April 22nd every year. Earth Day is a day to remember to take care of our planet, Earth. We can take care of our planet by keeping it clean. On Earth Day, we remind ourselves and everyone on Earth that we must do these things. We must do these things every day, not just on Earth Day. We must all do our part, and we can make a difference. On April 22nd, remind everyone you know that every day is Earth Day.
Friendly things kids can do to celebrate Earth Day every day
- Enlist friends, hand out bags and clean up a nearby park.
- Plant shrubs or a tree in your yard.
- Start a vegetable garden in pots or a small plot.
- Organize a cleanup day at your school.
- Create posters with environmental themes and ask teachers to post them in their classrooms.
- Look for recycling symbols on products you or your parents buy. Purchase items in recyclable packaging whenever possible. Avoid products that use excessive packaging.
- Encourage your parents to carry a reusable shopping bag, and suggest they buy in bulk to minimize packaging waste.
- Bicycle or walk to school rather than being driven by your parents .
- Steer your parents toward organic pesticides, such as those made from orange extract.
- Turn off lights, fans or the TV when you leave the room.